Saturday, June 7, 2014

June 7, 2014: "My First Blog"

June 7, 2014:  "My First Blog"

Today I decided to start a blog about my weight loss journey.  I have no idea what I am doing, in weight loss or blogging, and I really am just an average person trying to lose weight.  I make small little defeats every day.  In elementary school teachers say, "Make good choices," and that's exactly what I try to do, and struggle with every day.  I think I try to live like a normal single woman generally lives, but I just have to "Make good choices" while doing so.

My intentions and goals for this blog are:


  • To provide a forum for others to discuss their own weight loss journeys and struggles.
  • To have a place to vent when I'm frustrated, and gain extra support to stay on track.
  • To share with others about what I learn about weight loss, health, and give helpful tips as I discover them.
  • To learn from others.

First, here are some basic things about me you should know.  I'm 33-years old, I teach preschool-level art and music.  I also am currently an administrative assistant Wednesday through Friday for my boss.  I love to go out to eat, and so one of my desires for this blog will be to share tips I discover about popular resteraunts and what to order.  I have an awesome coach from a local weight loss program named Jane, and she's amazing.  The things I learn from Jane I'm sure I will use for the rest of my life, and the way she supports me...I just don't think I could do this journey without her.  My favorite food is pizza...and I'm not supposed to have any.  Although, occasionally I cave and have one piece of pizza.  So far this has only happened two times, but it's only my eleventh week.

Tips I've discovered so far that could help others:


  1. Walden Farms makes dressings and condements.  Their products are zero calories.  I can't eat salad without Walden Farms dressings, and I currently use two of their dressings to make stirfly often (Asian and Seseme).
  2. From someone who hardly makes any money at all, know that all your muscles can easily be stregthened at home, and for free.  You don't have to join a gym to do this. I haven't, and don't intend to while I make my current paycheck amounts.
  3. Tracking and recording what you eat today is really helpful, and apparently, Jane tells me that 50% more people that do so have better success than those that do not. I believe her.  If there's anything I've learned in teaching, tracking and recording progress is a very important element to having the best results possible.



Stay tuned!  Hopefully all of these goals will be met.  As you read, please share tips and "struggle stories" of your own defeats.  Thanks.

--Rachael




No comments:

Post a Comment