Sunday, June 8, 2014

June 8, 2014 "Little Successes'"

June 8, 2014  "Little Successes'"


When I started this blog, I forgot to mention "success."  I feel I wasn't positive enough about this experience, and am now looking back at how I began this journey 11 weeks ago, and realizing there are also many little daily successes that should be discussed.  So in light of this, let's discuss some:

Yesterday, I got in the car with my parents to go out to lunch.  At the time I got in the car, I had been told we were going to a place I knew I would be able to get the two cups of raw veggies I needed for the day, etc. I wasn't worried.  We get down the block from their house, and all the sudden one of them exclaims, "Let's try this new place downtown."  Now, nothing against new places, love to try new places, but of course, this is where I get slightly concerned I may just be sitting across from them eating a slice of deli meat and some salad I'm not sure what exactly it was made of....  Before this diet, I  loved trying new places.  I was usually the one that said, "Hey, let's go try this new place."  Now, it's tough. I never know if there are going to be any options that fit the food schedule I'm suppose to stick to.

We go to the new place, and of course, there's nothing on the menu I feel like I can be "certain" about.  I end up sitting across from them the whole aprox. 25 minutes that we're in the place watching them eat their sandwiches.  Even though this was torture for me at the time, I guess it was a success because I was saying that I was going to wait and eat something I knew I could have.  Originally, when I first started this diet, I would have been concerned about hurting their feelings by not trying to put up with something on the menu, but now I realize they're not concerned about it...so I'm not either.  "I can eat when I get home," has become somewhat of a new mantra.

New Tips:


  •  Drink lots of water. I know you hear this all the time, but it is such an important part of being able to lose weight, and feel better while doing it.  I was concerned about this factor of my diet before I began, and so I became a frequent water-drinker before I went on the full-fledged diet.  I highly recommend this for you if you feel water isn't something you would normally be drawn to.
  • Exercising just fifteen minutes every day can get you in the habit very quickly.  It doesn't even have to be strenuous exercise.  Just walking the dog for fifteen minutes daily for three weeks can really get you going.  Before I began this diet, I did some research on habit forming.  More on this later...


Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment